Last revised February 20, 2018
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
What Personal Information Yara Collects
- Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address or payment information (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it through our Site, or when you provide it to us through other means. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you:
- Provide us with information through our Site;
- Contact us through e-mail, telephone, mail, or other correspondence; or
- Otherwise, provide us with Personal Information.
The Personal Information we may collect may include:
- When you register for an event or subscribe to our newsletters, your first and last name, contact information, such as your address, telephone number, or e-mail address, the name of your organization and position, and your selected home location;
- Any other Personal Information that you voluntarily choose to submit to us.
How Yara Uses and Discloses Personal Information
- Operate our Site in accordance with its terms and conditions;
- Facilitate, complete or confirm, a ticket purchase you choose to make using the Site or a service provider site;
- Respond to your questions or inquiries;
- Conduct research and surveys;
- Identify potential speakers and volunteers;
- Improve our programming, events and Site;
- Supply you with requested information onYara and its activities;
- To carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent; and
- To carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
If you have provided us with your Personal Information, but later decide you no longer want us to send you any information from us, you may unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe message in our commercial communications.
We may transfer your Personal Information to third-party service providers that assist us with carrying out these purposes. For example, we may use a data processing contractor to operate computer systems on our behalf.
We may also use, or disclose your Personal Information to third parties, if we have reason to believe that using or disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; (iii) investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter; or (iv) to protect our rights, safety or property. Lastly, we may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you consent.
Personal Information collected online may also be combined with information you have provided to Yara through other sources such as over the telephone.
How We Protect Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We protect your Personal Information by maintaining safeguards intended to help protect against unauthorized use, disclosure or access. Personal Information may only be accessed by persons within our organization, or our third party service providers, who require such access to carry out the purposes indicated above, or such other purposes as may be permitted or required by the applicable law. We manage the Personal Information we collect out of Toronto.
We retain Personal Information that we collect as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or to meet any legal requirements. We destroy Personal Information when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
Although we have taken measures to help protect our Site, computer systems and any Personal Information that we have collected, no security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
Children and Parents
Yara does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If a child has already provided us with Personal Information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.
Third Party Websites
How to Contact Us
- access Personal Information that you have already provided to us so that you can correct or update it, or request that it be deleted;
- request the deletion of Personal Information regarding your minor child; or
Please advise us, or you may otherwise write to us, by contacting our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.